Prerequisites for Admission
- Applicant must have earned a High School Diploma or a GED
- Applicant must be enrolled in an approved university/college’s medical imaging sciences program such as Penn West-Clarion’s Medical Imaging Sciences Program; or must already have earned an associate degree or higher from another college or university prior to starting the program.
- Applicant must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5
- Applicant must have completed the following prerequisite courses or equivalents (to be determined by program faculty) with a minimum grade of "C"
- College Writing
- Intermediate Algebra
- Medical Terminology
- Human A& P I with Lab
- Human A& P II with Lab
- Send all high school and college transcripts to program
- Complete application
- Have at least four references submitted using our specific forms
- Submit nonrefundable application fee of $50
- Students must be interviewed by program faculty
- Complete a job shadow at UPMC Jameson
After acceptance applicants, must complete the following before starting the program:
- Pass PA Child Abuse History (Act 33) at student’s expense
- Pass PA Criminal Record Check, also known as PATCH (Act 34) at student’s expense
- Pass FBI Fingerprint Criminal History (Act 73) at student’s expense
- Have physical and pass a drug screening. This must be administered by UPMC Jameson. There is no cost to student.
- Provide immunization records and agree to updated vaccinations if needed
- Accepted students must show proof of medical insurance
- Submit $250 nonrefundable tuition deposit
Policies and Additional Information
UPMC Jameson School of Radiography considers all applicants to the program regardless of a person’s race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status or disability. All applicants must be mentally and physically capable of completing the didactic and clinical objectives as stated in the curriculum requirements.