Admission Requirements | UPMC Jameson School of Radiography
Prerequisites for Admission
- High school diploma or GED
- An associate’s degree earned no later than July of the year in which you plan to enroll if accepted. A minimum college GPA of 2.50 is required.
- Prerequisite college level courses or equivalent (to be evaluated by program faculty) passed with a minimum grade of C:
- College Writing II
- Intermediate Algebra
- Medical Terminology
- Human A and P I with lab
- Human A and P II with lab.
- Send all high school and college transcripts to program
- Complete application
- Have at least four references submitted using our specific forms
- Submit nonrefundable application fee of $50
- Students must be interviewed by program faculty
- Complete a job shadow at UPMC Jameson
After acceptance applicants, must complete the following before starting the program:
- Pass PA Child Abuse History (Act 33) at student’s expense
- Pass PA Criminal Record Check, also known as PATCH (Act 34) at student’s expense
- Pass FBI Fingerprint Criminal History (Act 73) at student’s expense
- Have physical and pass a drug screening. This must be administered by UPMC Jameson. There is no cost to student.
- Provide immunization records and agree to updated vaccinations if needed
- Accepted students must show proof of medical insurance
- Submit $250 nonrefundable tuition deposit
UPMC Jameson School of Radiography considers all applicants to the program regardless of a person’s race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status or disability. All applicants must be mentally and physically capable of completing the didactic and clinical objectives as stated in the curriculum requirements.