- Visitation is between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. to allow mothers and babies adequate time for education and healing.
- The main support person may be granted permission to stay overnight.
- The main lobby is open 24 hours daily.
- The 0 Level tunnel entrance is closed until further notice.
- Only one support person is allowed at this time.
Badges and Access
All visitors interested in accessing the Labor, Delivery, and Recovery Rooms (LDRs); Mother-Baby and High-Risk Pregnancy Units; or the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) must obtain a visitor’s badge in the main lobby. Registration at the LDRs is limited to the patient's main support person on the arrival day. Visitors must show some form of photo ID.
Visitor Code of Conduct
In order for patients to receive optimal care, UPMC must maintain a therapeutic environment in its health care facilities. All patients and visitors are expected to refrain from behaviors that are disruptive, or pose a threat to the rights or safety of other patients, visitors, staff, or the facility. Any behavior that significantly impairs the ability of a facility to operate effectively, or deliver patient care, will not be tolerated. Visitors refusing to comply with visitation policies in the Mother-Baby, High-Risk Pregnancy, LDRs, and NICU units may be asked to leave.
View the Magee Birth Plan to learn more about visitor guidelines.
While You're Visiting Magee
UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital offers a list of amenities to make your stay or visit more comfortable, including:
View a full list of amenities.