Prior to your study at the Sleep Center, we will call to preregister you.
- Contact your primary care physician or insurance provider to obtain any necessary approvals. Sleep studies are classified as outpatient procedures for your insurance company.
- On the day of your sleep study, you should not drink caffeine or alcohol, or nap after 1 p.m.
What You Should Bring
- Any medicines you currently take. We do not have access to medication at the Sleep Center.
- All toiletry items, such as:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A hair dryer/curling iron
- Razor and shaving cream
- Two-piece sleep apparel, such as:
- Shorts and a T-shirt
- A sweat suit
- A snack, if you wish to have one before bed
- A book, crossword puzzle, or magazines to help you relax before bed
What to Expect
We make your stay with us as “homelike” as possible.
- Each of our bedrooms is furnished with a double bed and bathroom.
- A shower is available.
- We provide towels, washcloths, pillows and blankets, but you're welcome to bring your own.
- We keep the room temperature at 68 to 70 degrees for proper operation of computerized equipment, so you may want to bring comfortable sleeping apparel.
Sleep Center at UPMC Passavant–McCandless
9100 Babcock Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Sleep Center at UPMC Passavant–Cranberry
1 St. Francis Way
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-533-UPMC or request an appointment online.