- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery, diced (about 3 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (about 3 ounces)
- A few chopped leeks, optional
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, julienned (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon granules, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Servings: Makes 4 large cups of soup
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 68
- Carbs: 4 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sodium: 1082 mg
- Sugar: 1 g
Bring the broth to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add the celery, carrot and leeks, if using.
Turn down to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until the carrots and celery are tender.
Adjust the seasoning as needed with bouillon granules, salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 minutes or until it has softened and is no longer crunchy but not mushy.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley just before serving, if desired.
Kindly Submitted by “Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes”
Return to Suggested Recipes for Post Bariatric Surgery - Phase 2B: Pureed Diet