About the Division of Head and Neck Cancer at UPMC
The Head and Neck Tumor Board
The division's Head and Neck Tumor Board meets weekly. This enhances the opportunity to provide collaborative care by our team of surgeons, oncologists, rehabilitative specialists, and others.
The rehab specialists who regularly work with our team include representation from:
- The Regional Center for Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Social work
A Top-Ranked Nursing Unit
Press Ganey surveys consistently rank our head and neck nursing unit as one of UPMC's top nursing units.
Our nurses provide outstanding care in an environment that always seeks to meet the needs of our patients.
Our Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Team
Our care team includes the following practitioners that specialize in many areas of cancer treatment:
- Otolaryngologist: A head and neck surgeon who removes tumors.
- Medical Oncologist: A doctor who treats cancer with chemotherapy.
- Radiation Oncologist: A doctor who specializes in the use and administration of radiotherapy.
- Prosthodontist: A dentist who advises patients in maintaining healthy oral hygiene.
- Collaborative Practice Nurse: A nurse who coordinates patient testing and treatment.
- Treatment Room Nurse: A nurse who specializes in the delivery and monitoring of chemotherapy and other treatments.
- Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator: A nurse who works with patients and otolaryngologists who are participating in clinical research trials.
- Social Worker: Assists patients coping with cancer-related stress.
- Dietitian: Provides nutritional advice for patients.
- Speech and Swallowing Therapist: Works with patients who have difficulty speaking and swallowing after surgery.
- Plastic Surgeon: A surgeon who performs reconstructive surgery.
Our Head and Neck Cancer Experts
Learn more about the doctors at the UPMC Division of Head and Neck Cancer:
At the UPMC Division of Head and Neck Cancer, we use a multidisciplinary format of clinical care. This team approach allows us to seek the most favorable outcomes and offer the latest head and neck cancer treatments to our patients.
To schedule an appointment with a UPMC head and neck cancer specialist, or to receive more information about our treatments and services, please call 412-647-2100.
Address and Directions
University Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists (Oakland)
203 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213