Canterbury Place residents enjoy world-class medical care and an array of geriatric services through UPMC.
For those dealing with short-term memory loss and dementia-related illness, including Alzheimer’s disease, specialized memory support services are available at Renaissance Hall, Canterbury Place’s state-of-the-art skilled nursing memory care unit.
Renaissance Hall’s dedicated caregivers are on duty around the clock to provide exceptional care to those with special needs due to memory impairment.
Custom-designed, innovative programming gives residents a sense of accomplishment in completing tasks, within the comfort of a carefully structured environment. Specialized care plans, activity programs, decorations, and mealtimes all are designed to stimulate mental associations and help residents to be as independent as possible.
Security and safety are paramount to providing quality care for residents who are experiencing memory challenges. Features like Dutch doors, indoor gardening areas, and a secure outdoor walking path help protect residents while allowing freedom of movement. A wander guard and camera security system also provide peace of mind.
Amenities of Renaissance Hall
- 32 private and semi-private bed units with Dutch doors, creating a sense of privacy, yet enabling visibility for caregivers to monitor residents
- A warm and inviting homelike setting
- A convenient, ground floor location
- Renovated patient bathrooms
- Cozy lounges with fireplaces and spacious dining areas
- Social gatherings and stimulating activities to engage the body, mind, and spirit of each resident
- Camera security for an added layer of security
- Beautiful, secure, outdoor courtyard and garden
Through UPMC Senior Care’s Benedum Geriatric Center residents of Renaissance Hall also receive:
- Comprehensive geriatric assessments
- Primary and specialty care
- Health education
- Dental, eye, audiology, podiatry and psychiatry services
- Counseling and psychotherapy for both residents and families