We offer both surgical and non-surgical patients a New Direction®* nutritional meal replacement option to enhance their weight loss results.
Nutritional Meal Replacements for Weight Loss
We offer the New Direction® meal replacement plans* for sustainable weight loss. Backed by 30 years of research, these delicious, nutritionally complete meal replacements are formulated to help you manage your hunger.
- Patients on a our LCD (Low Calorie Diet) plan consume two to three meal replacements along with a 500-600 calorie meal during the initial phase of their diet. Supplements are used as needed during the maintenance phase.
- Patients on our VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) plan consume only meal replacements during the initial phase of their diet to accelerate weight loss.
A variety of great tasting and convenient meal replacement beverages and bars provide:
- 100% of the minimum daily requirement for protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- High quality protein for positive nitrogen balance.
- Essential fatty acids and minimal fat levels to stimulate the gallbladder.
- A high protein (27 grams per serving), low carbohydrate formula that helps satisfy nutritional needs, reduce hunger, and maximize weekly weight loss.
New Direction® meal replacement beverages are packaged as single-serving packets, to be reconstituted with water.
Nutritional Meal Replacements for Bariatric Surgery Patients
The nutritional meal replacements program helps maximize surgical outcomes and enhance total wellness by providing nutritional support to bariatric surgery patients. Our high protein, low calorie nutrition shakes are appropriate for pre-surgical weight loss (or beverage only post-surgically).
Additionally we offer nutrition products that are specially formulated to ensure that the nutritional needs of post-surgery bariatric patients are satisfied.
- Quickly prepared in two, three, or four ounce portion sizes, this protein supplement supports the various stages of post bariatric care.
- Each serving contains 20 grams of high-quality protein and less than 5 grams of sugar, satisfying nutritional needs defined by the ASMBS.
- Each product is an excellent source of iron, calcium, vitamin B12, and vitamin D, in addition to other important vitamins and minerals.
- Prevents the temptation to skip meals, which can compromise daily nutritional intake and can lead to malnutrition.
- A great tasting alternative to purées
- Easily digestible whey proteins
- Can be consumed as soon as the patient has progressed to a full liquid diet
*You must be a patient of UPMC Harrisburg Weight Management Center in order to purchase the New Direction meal replacement products.
Need more information?
- Medical Weight Management: 717-591-5638
- UPMC Central PA Weight Management Center: 717-988-8185
Need to access your medical records? We have an app for that.
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today