The New Direction® Very Low Calorie Diet Plan is most appropriate for anyone with a BMI greater than 30, or those with a BMI as low as 27 with medical conditions related to their weight, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and others.
On the Very Low Calorie Diet Plan our staff works closely with you to safely lose a significant amount of weight. This diet plan is a high protein, very low calorie diet that uses New Direction® meal replacement products* as the sole source of nutrition. With average weight loss of 2-4 pounds per week, this is the most rapid weight loss program available.
- High protein, very low calorie diet consisting of an average of 800 calories per day
- Meal replacements provide 100% RDI for vitamins and minerals and adequate fat to stimulate the gallbladder and decrease the chances of gallstone formation during weight loss.
- We do not use hCG, magic fat burning pills, herbal remedies, or other unproven medical practices in this program.
Benefits of the New Direction® Very Low Calorie Plan
- Rapid weight loss builds confidence in your ability to lose weight
- Improved health and decreased medication costs
- Better quality of life with increased energy, less aches and pains, and improved mobility
- Higher self esteem, better lifestyle management skills, avoidance of emotional eating, increased awareness of social triggers, improved stress management
- Proven approach to weight loss backed by over thirty years of medical research and success by the company that provides the New Direction® meal replacements
Due to the rapid-weight loss that this plan offers, continuous medical monitoring is an important aspect of this weight loss plan. When used under medical supervision and guidance, the high protein, low carbohydrate meal replacements are a sustainable and healthy way to lose weight. During the active weight loss phase, regular lab work is required. Follow up during the Adapting and Maintenance phases will help you learn to keep the weight off long-term.
*These are average results. Individual results may vary.
*You must be a patient of UPMC Harrisburg Weight Management Center in order to purchase the New Direction meal replacement products.
Need more information?
- Medical Weight Management: 717-591-5638
- UPMC Central PA Weight Management Center: 717-988-8185
Find a weight management location near you