Your Care Team
If you have a heart transplant at UPMC, you'll have a whole team of health care experts taking care of you.
Your care team may include:
- Transplant coordinator: handles activities related to organ donation.
- Transplant surgeon: performs your heart transplant.
- Heart transplant coordinator: provides care and education before and after your heart transplant.
- Ventricular assist device (VAD) coordinator: teaches you about and how to use the VAD.
- Social worker: meets with you after your heart transplant to discuss long-term coping strategies and adjustments.
Heart and Cardiothoracic (CT) Transplant Experts
UPMC's heart transplant doctors and CT transplant surgeon includes:
- Mary E. Keebler, MD — Medical Director, Advanced Heart Failure Center
- Michael A. Mathier, MD — Clinical Director, Heart and Vascular Institute
- Dennis M. McNamara, MD — Director, Heart Failure Research Center
- Gavin W. Hickey, MD — Medical Director, VAD Program
- Jonathan E. Holtz, MD — Cardiologist, Advanced Heart Failure Center
- Brittany A. Palmer, MD — Cardiologist, Advanced Heart Failure Center
- Manling Zhang, MD — Cardiologist, Advanced Heart Failure Center
- Jessica Harris Huston, MD — Cardiologist, Advanced Heart Failure Center
- David James Kaczorowski, MD — CT Surgery Surgical Director, Heart Transplant/VAD Program
UPMC Transplant Coordinators
- Jenna Keeling, RN, MSN — Director of Heart-Lung Transplant
- Sarah Bill, RN, BSN
- Christgin Klavon, RN
- Bruce Naylor, RN, BSN
- Katelyn Osborne, RN, BSN
- Frank Speicher, RN
- Lindsay Watson, RN
- Meghan Witwer, RN BSN, CCTC
Contact the UPMC Heart Transplant Program
To contact the UPMC Heart Transplant Program, call 412-648-6202 or toll-free at 844-548-4591. You can also fill out the UPMC Heart Transplant Program contact form to make an appointment or refer a patient.