The focus of the UPMC Supportive and Palliative Care Program is to ease the suffering you may be experiencing from breast cancer or gynecologic cancer.
Palliative care can complement other treatments, such as chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation. Or, it can be the main mode of care when other therapies or treatments are no longer effective or desired.
Closely integrated with the Women’s Cancer Program at Magee, we work with your oncologist to provide:
- Individualized care, considering your emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Treatment for managing pain and physical symptoms, such as nausea or shortness of breath
- Referrals to specially trained psychologists who can help you deal with depression, anxiety, and grief, and cope with your breast or gynecologic cancer
We can also assist you with:
- Managing fears and anxieties
- Understanding and making serious medical decisions
- Addressing practical needs
The UPMC Supportive and Palliative Care Program at Magee-Womens Hospital also provides alternative forms of treatment — including music therapy and massage therapy — for free, thanks to the support of the Sara Jean Binakonsky Memorial Fund.
Make an Appointment
Call 412-641-4530 to schedule an appointment.
Our specialists are available Tuesdays and Fridays from 2 to 4 p.m.
UPMC Supportive and Palliative Care Program
UPMC Montefiore, Suite 933W
200 Lothrop St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Call 412-692-4834, for general information.
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Call the hospital operator at 412-647-2345 and page 8510, or call 412-641-2108.
- UPMC Presbyterian/Montefiore
Call the hospital operator at 412-647-2345 and page 8511.
- UPMC Shadyside
Call the hospital operator at 412-647-2345 and page 8513, or call 412-623-3008.