UPMC Rooney Sports Complex
3200 S. Water St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
The UPMC Rooney Sports Complex is one of the leading sports medicine facilities in the United States and features the UPMC Freddie Fu Sports Medicine Center. This state-of-the-art facility features UPMC Sports Medicine experts and is on the cutting edge of research and treatment. Additionally, the facility features:
- 34 large examination rooms
- Large bore MRI technology
- Full-sized therapeutic pool
- A training and rehabilitation gym with extensive circuit machines, free weights, and isokinetic and aerobic equipment
- A Neuromuscular Research Laboratory
- Plyometric training floor to help recovering athletes regain power and restore quick movement capabilities
- Specialized equipment and training area to simulate an athlete’s performance requirements
- Specialized performance training center
- Imaging and diagnostic services
- Walk-in for general X-ray is 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Walk-ins are welcome for general x-ray services; no appointment necessary. All other procedures require an appointment.
- Ages 18+ for walk-in appointments.
Take a tour of the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex.
Indoor Training Center
The UPMC Indoor Training Center features a quarter-mile four-lane running track and full-size practice football field. The climate-controlled facility allows the Pittsburgh Steelers and University of Pittsburgh Panthers football teams to practice during bad weather.
The center also is home to many sport-specific camps and clinics through the UPMC Sports Performance program.
Sports Training Center
The Sports Training Center is the ideal setting for athletic training, physical training, and team management. The center houses two side-by-side facilities that offer a complete complex for administration, training, and press communications.
The Sports Training Center’s four 80-yard outdoor fields with observation towers allow coaching staffs to clearly analyze and improve on-field performance.
Other features of the sports training facilities, include:
- Team meeting and film viewing rooms
- Fully outfitted weight training rooms
- Hydrotherapy facilities, including whirlpools and an aquatic trainer
- Spacious state-of-the-art locker rooms