Learn more about the benefits program offered at UPMC.
Insurance and Vacation
- Health insurance (including dental and vision)
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance coverage and comprehensive liability protection for any malpractice incident arising out of a resident's participation in the educational program.
- 20 work days of paid time off/sick time off
- Seven paid holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave, in compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act guidelines.
Life and Work
- Meals while at UPMC Horizon and UPMC Jameson
- Free on-site parking at UPMC Horizon and UPMC Jameson
- Lab coats
• Resident Assistance Program
- Accounts to access CERNER offsite
- Verizon Wireless discount
Education and Travel
- ACLS/BLS/PALS – when completed within UPMC
- NRP and ALSO courses
• Reimbursement for COMLEX Step 3/USMLE Step 3
- Outside educational programs UPMC/conferences/courses or medical textbooks will be deducted from the resident education allowance. The education allowance is a combined total of $2,000.00 for PGY1 & PGY2, and $1,500.00 for PGY3.