The Get-Well Room has been closed indefinitely.
The Children's Center of Pittsburgh offers a Get-Well Room for sick kids.
It provides a warm, caring place for children — ages 6 months through 12 years — who have:
- Mild fevers
- Occasional vomiting
- Pain and fever from shots
Designed by UPMC infectious disease experts, a registered nurse manages the Get-Well Room program.
The RN is responsible for:
- Deciding on a child's admission to the room.
- Training Get-Well Room staff.
- Looking after the enrolled children.
How to Sign Up Your Child for the Get-Well Room
Our Get-Well Room is open to the public. Your child doesn't need prior enrollment with The Children's Center of Pittsburgh to sign up for the Get-Well Room.
To sign up your sick child:
Get-Well Room Hours and Rates
The Get-Well Room is open from:
- September through May — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- June, July, August (summer hours) — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- $40 a day for kids enrolled at the Children's Center of Pittsburgh.
- $45 a day, plus a $10 registration fee for kids from the Carriage House Children's Center.
- $40 a day, plus a $20 registration fee for children of UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital and UPMC staff.
- $80 a day for the public.
Contact the Get-Well Room
For questions about the Get-Well Room service, contact us at 412-641-1990.