The UPMC Rehabilitation Institute offers a long list of inpatient services and programs for brain and spinal cord injuries, stroke, and many other conditions. We also offer transitional rehabilitation to help patients recover and return home more quickly.
- Community re-entry activities
- Nutritional services
- Patient and family education
- Sexual counseling
- Social services
- Substance abuse counseling
- Vocational and career services
Nationally Recognized Physician Services
Physician services at the UPMC Rehabilitation Institute are led by the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Our psychiatrists — or specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation — are consistently listed as Top Doctors in
- UPMC is proud to have two hospitals rated High Performing in Rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report, with both among the top 2 hospitals rated.