UPMC Center for Intestinal Health and Nutrition Support
Proper nutrition is critical to overall health and wellness. But when gastrointestinal (GI) illnesses or injuries strike, they can compromise our ability to absorb life-sustaining nutrition.
At the UPMC Center for Intestinal Health and Nutrition Support, our doctors work closely with specialists in a variety of other fields to address the nutritional implications that stem from common to the most complex GI conditions.
We treat men, women, and children who are experiencing disruption of gut function due to:
- Immunological disorders
- Extreme weight loss
- Nervous system problems
About the Center for Intestinal Health and Nutrition Support
Doctors from across the United States refer their patients to the UPMC Center for Intestinal Health and Nutrition Support because of our cross-disciplinary approach to disease-related nutrition problems.
Key differentiators of our program
- A diverse team of intestinal health and nutrition experts work together to create a customized care plan for each patient in order to restore GI function.
- We treat even the most complex cases involving disease-related nutrition problems for people who have already received corrective procedures at other centers but have not achieved optimal outcomes.
- Doctors from the Center for Intestinal Health and Nutrition Support are on-call seven days a week, 365 days a year — a rarity among digestive disorder care centers nationwide.
- We serve children and adults of all ages in inpatient and outpatient settings, providing short-term or long-term nutritional support.
- We continue to improve the current standards of GI treatment by actively undertaking clinical research studies.