UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center (DHEC) provides outpatient endoscopy and a high level of expert GI care. We manage and treat GERD and swallowing disorders.
Gastroenterology Associates–UPMC is affiliated with the DHEC. We help people with all types of GI problems.
Both offer treatment in a center that's recognized for specialized care.
Our state-of-the-art center in Penn Hills, Pa., provides:
- Advanced digestive health care while meeting strict standards set forth by the American Practitioners of Infection Controls.
- Screenings for colon cancer and diseases. Removal of polyps on site.
- Management of GERD and swallowing concerns.
- Upper GI endoscopy.
Our support staff at the DHEC:
- Includes certified RNs and medical technicians who have vast knowledge of GI problems.
- Promotes digestive wellness through prevention programs and patient education.
Our doctors and staff provide expert GI care while treating you with dignity and respect.
Our focus is to help people who suffer from diseases of the GI tract, which includes the:
- Small and large intestine
- GI health consults and close follow-up.
- Colonoscopy to detect and prevent colon cancer.
- Gastroscopy to help diagnose and treat Barrett’s disease, esophageal cancer, and stomach cancer.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) screenings and treatment.
- Cutting-edge wireless capsule endoscopy of the small intestine.
- Nutrition counseling.
- Diagnosis and treatment of advanced liver and pancreatic disease.
- Non-surgical treatment of pancreas and bile duct diseases.
- Latest treatments for the hepatitis C virus (HCV) and its complications.
- Hemorrhoid treatment.
Our state-of-the-art Esophageal and pH Monitoring Center at the UPMC DHEC in Penn Hills can help you manage:
- Swallowing problems
- Non-cardiac chest pain
We offer endoscopy at:
- UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center
- UPMC East
- UPMC Shadyside
- UPMC South Hills Surgery Center
- UPMC Surgery Center, Monroeville
Our Digestive and GI Health Experts
Doctors at the DHEC and Gastroenterology Associates–UPMC work with you to meet your GI and digestive health needs.