To further advance the knowledge of a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner who is interested in pursuing a career in Emergency Medicine. Fellows will receive hands-on training in various settings with an emphasis on being "good, fast, nice, and well". Fellows are expected to uphold UPMC's Mission to serve our community by providing emphasizing values of quality and safety, dignity and respect, caring and listening, responsibility and integrity, and excellence and innovation.
- Graduate of ARC-PA accredited PA program or ANCC/AANP accredited FNP program.
- Current or expected NCCPA Certification or NP Certification prior to December 15, 2023.
- Eligibility for Pennsylvania licensure prior to January 1, 2024.
- Eligibility for Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prior to January 1, 2024.
- Block 1: 6 months of 75% education/25% clinical
- Block 2: 6 months of 50% education/50% clinical
- Block 3: 6 months of 25% education/75% clinical
- Upon successful completion of the Fellowship, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the UPMC Department of Emergency Medicine.
Fellows receive a competitive compensation which increases with successful completion of each of the three educational blocks, and a competitive benefits package.
UPMC 2023 Benefit Highlights (PDF)
Interested in Applying? Please contact Jennifer Coates-Forry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
- Eligible candidates will be invited to interview in Fall 2023
- Emergency Fellowship start date: April 2024
- Completion date of Block 1: October 2024
- Completion date of Block 2: April 2025
- Completion date of Block 3: October 2025
Contact: To learn more about our program, contact Jennifer Coates-Forry, Program Coordinator at email@example.com
- Anthony Guarracino DO, MHS, FACEP, FACOEP
- Jason Dos Santos MSPAS, PA-C, CAQ-EM DFAAPA
- Joey Wisner BS, PA-C, CAQ-EM
We are excited to offer this challenging new opportunity. When you join our family of over 60 UPMC Emergency Medicine APPs at the beginning of your journey in emergency medicine, we hope to make you feel supported and challenged. Along with our emergency medicine physicians, we strive to make each shift a safe and inspiring opportunity to become a thoughtful, skilled, and expert Emergency Medicine APP.
When it comes to health care for you and your family, UPMC is here. It's easy to find the right doctor, health screenings, programs, classes, and more.
Contact UPMC in Central Pa.