At UPMC in central Pa. we understand that being ill, undergoing surgery or getting treatment for a medical condition can be overwhelming. Our Cancer Center and Spine Care Center nurse navigators work with you and your family to help you manage the physical, emotional and social challenges that come with a health problem.
Whether you need information, education, services, or just a hand to hold, our nurse navigators provide the support you need to manage your diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Each of our nurse navigators is an experienced registered nurse, certified in their medical specialty. Your navigator will be there whenever and however you need support. Examples of the individual services provided by our nurse navigators include:
- Listening to your needs and concerns
- Providing education
- Explaining complicated treatment options and diagnostic tests
- Coordinating appointments
- Connecting you to the specialists you need, when you need them
- Ensuring that you and your family have access to all of the programs and services available to effectively cope
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911.
Need more information?
Spine Care Center: 717-791-2630