Telehealth and Telemedicine at UPMC
Consult with UPMC Specialists, No Matter How Far You Are From Pittsburgh
The UPMC Telehealth Program connects small or rural community hospitals and outpatient locations to specialists at UPMC, allowing patients to receive world-class care close to home.
Our physicians provide real-time consultations, in more than 15 clinical specialties, for:
- Emergent care
- Real-time consultations
- Pre- and post-operative surgical care
- Home monitoring
We collaborate with you via:
- Video conferencing
- Store-and-forward photograph and record transmission
Health care providers submit a request to participate in the Telehealth Program.
Benefits of Using Telemedicine
For health care providers — especially those in rural areas or at small hospitals — UPMC's Telehealth Program offers:
- Specialty consults to help make decisions about care
- Input from world-class specialists without having to send patients to Pittsburgh
- Educational opportunities and mentoring
- Increased efficiency
- Increased clinical quality
- Reduced health care costs
For your patients, UPMC's Telemedicine Program provides access to specialized clinical care.
By providing patients with better access to high-quality health care, we can:
- Bring timely treatment close to home
- Reduce travel time
- Provide access to world-class treatment
- Improve quality of care
Want to Learn More About Telemedicine at UPMC?