At UPMC Jameson, patient-centered care is our focus. Our volunteers help us with that focus and enhance the services we deliver.
Volunteers become part of the UPMC team to support our mission of offering:
- Quality patient care.
- Outstanding education of our future doctors, surgeons, and health care staff.
- Cutting-edge treatments through our biomedical research.
Contact Volunteer Services at UPMC Jameson
To learn more, contact Cyndee Adamo at 724-656-4112 or email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities at UPMC Jameson
UPMC Jameson departments actively seeking volunteers include:
- Foundation Development — event planning, promoting and organizing fundraising and donations for the foundation.
- Information Desk — greeting patients and visitors, coordinating information and transportation, assisting the clergy. The hours for this service are 9 a.m. through 1 p.m., 1 p.m. through 5 p.m., and 5 p.m. through 8:30 p.m.
- UPMC Jameson Concierge Program — this program was initiated to enhance the patient and guest experience. As patients or guests enter the hospital, volunteers greet them at the door to escort them to their destination, or assist them by placing them in a wheelchair and escorting them throughout the facility. Hours are Monday through Friday beginning at 8 a.m.
- Emergency Department Concierge —address emotional needs and concerns by keeping lines of communication open between the ED waiting room and staff.
- Mail Room — sorting mail, delivering mail to patients, and directing mail to discharged patients.
- Musical — playing the piano in the lobby or other instruments at our facilities and religious service performances.
- Magee-Womens Imaging Center, UPMC Jameson
- Patient Advocate — serve as a patient advocate on nursing units
- Clerical — as needed, for mailing
- Pain Management Clinic
- Job Shadowing — available to students who would like to follow a health care professional.
- Student Internship Program — professional health care internships
Our staff will help you navigate the best service area to embrace your gifts, talents and desire to help others. Training is available for all volunteer services (except for musicians). Please note that the day or day(s) you decide to volunteer are of your choice.
Jameson Junior Guild
The Jameson Junior Guild was founded in 1935. Application forms for membership are available through any active guild member or from a Jameson Hostess Shop cashier. A new member is required to attend an orientation class. Membership dues are payable June 1 and may be paid at the spring or fall luncheon.
To be an active member of the Jameson Junior Guild you must work a minimum of 100 hours per year in any of the following guild services:
- Boutique (meets every Thursday from January through October)
- Hostess Shop aide
- Hostess Shop cashier
- Hostess Shop counter worker
- Any other volunteer area
Active Junior Guild members pay $10 for yearly dues. Associate guild membership is $20. You must be an active member for a minimum of one year prior to becoming an associate member. Associate members cannot hold an office, however, they can participate in all guild functions.
Apply to Volunteer at UPMC Jameson
Complete the online volunteer application form.
Learn more about UPMC Volunteer Services or view Frequently Asked Volunteer Questions.