Please read the admission policy found in the hyperlink below. Admission requirements include the following.
- Age 18 or older by July 31 of the starting year.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A sophomore or equivalent in the Medical Imaging Sciences Program at Clarion University and completion or currently enrolled in prerequisite courses OR a minimum of an associate degree in a health care related field.
- 2.5 GPA upon application is required.
- Completed application form and non-refundable fee by January 31.
Note: Final admission is contingent on a health physical, drug screening, and security clearance.
Tuition is currently set at $5,000 a year.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50
- Textbooks for the two years estimated at $1,100
- Uniforms/shoes for the two years estimated at $300
- Attendance at a registry review in the second year of training (cost is contingent on which review course the student selects)
- Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearance; cost estimated at $40 to $50
- Clinical Computer Program (Trajecsys) $150 for the Program's 23 months
Note: Tuition and costs are subject to change.
A refund of 50 percent of paid tuition for the current year will be made if the student withdraws during the first three months of the current year.
No amount of paid tuition will be refunded following the end of the third month from the date of entry into the program.
A certificate of graduation is obtained after a student has completed the following.
- Successfully completed all didactic classes with a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Successfully completed clinical education with a grade point average of 2.5
- Accomplished the program’s goals and objectives.
- Completed all the mandatory and elective competencies on exams specified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists®.
- Paid all fees owed for the program.
- Completed all time required by the program, including all make-up time.
- Attended a Review Course for the National Registry.
- Student and staff will have completed the Terminal Competency Form.
- A grade of 75% or better on the simulated registries given during the months of February through June.
For more program information, please review the Radiologic Technology Program brochure.