Group Facilitators' Training
Location and Date:
None scheduled at this time
$200 per participant
Students listen to other students. Groups are an effective and fun way to teach social and emotional regulation skills to students. However, working in a school is different from working in an agency. Education groups are different than therapy groups. Come and refine your skills and knowledge while having some fun, too!
This one‐day workshop will prepare participants to design, plan, implement and evaluate topic specific skill development groups in schools. The schedule creates time to select and demonstrate activities, gather feedback, wake up your brain "breaks," and promises to engage and energize you. Staff will leave with tons of resources, many new statewide networking contacts, and most importantly, the confidence and know how to help students make lasting changes that transfer to daily life.
Who should attend? SAP Liaisons, SAP professionals, school counselors, teachers, prevention specialists, school psychologists and school social workers interested in facilitating educational groups in schools
During the one‐day training, participants will:
- Summarize the ten critical pieces needed for effective school‐based skills building groups.
- Discuss practices for aligning your groups with current best practices related to Tier 2‐MTSS supports.
- Practice facilitation skills, provide and gather feedback.
- Create an 8‐week skill development curriculum for use in your current work.
- Participate in a train‐the‐trainer event that certifies you to deliver the group curriculum CATCH MY BREATH sponsored by Adagio Health.
- View the March 2022 Event Agenda (PDF).