The UPMC Department of Audiology offers four AuD externship positions each year. AuD externs have many responsibilities and opportunities in the clinic and will be exposed to a variety of clinic settings and activities across the scope of adult audiology practice. Externs are expected to participate in a variety of learning activities and grow in clinical independence throughout the year.
Externship interviews for the 2023-2024 externship year will take place virtually on the Zoom platform.
The following timeline was developed by the Audiology Clinical Education Network and will be utilized by UPMC Department of Audiology:
- Application deadline: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Interviews begin: Monday, September 26, 2022
- Interviews complete: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Offers extended beginning: Monday, October 24, 2022
- Response deadline: Tuesday, October 25, 2022
- Subsequent offers begin: Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Required items for student applicants:
- Letter of introduction and recommendation from the faculty coordinator of externships
- 2 additional letters of recommendation from academic or clinical supervisors
- Letter of Interest from the student
- Vita from the student
Student applicants submitting letters of interest and vitas, clinical instructors or academic instructors submitting letters of recommendation, and externship coordinators submitting letters of introduction or recommendation should upload all application materials to Qualtrics.
Qualtrics also provides access to:
- A description of the opportunities that will be available throughout the year
- Our infection control processes
- Our timeline (due date for submitted materials, date that interview invitations will be extended, and interview date)
If you have questions, please contact Lori Zitelli, Audiology Manager, at email@example.com.