Hand, Elbow, and Shoulder Services
A complete treatment plan means we provide care and follow your progress from start to finish.
This plan not only involves your surgeon from UPMC Orthopaedic Care, but a whole network of other subspecialists, rehab staff, and home care support.
Hand, elbow, and shoulder treatments
We offer many surgical options to treat hand, elbow, and shoulder conditions.
Treatment options include:
- Arthroplasty surgery — to replace or reconstruct a joint in the hand, elbow, or shoulder.
- Arthroscopic surgery — minimally invasive surgery to repair a joint.
- Carpal tunnel release — surgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- CMC surgery
- Cubital tunnel release — surgical treatment for cubital tunnel syndrome.
- Endoscopic surgery — minimally invasive option for hand, elbow, and shoulder problems.
- Joint contracture release
- Joint replacement — includes radial head arthroplasty.
- Ligament reconstruction surgery — includes Tommy John surgery.
- Microvascular surgery — to reconstruct delicate blood vessels and nerves in the hand, elbow, or shoulder.
- Nerve decompression
- Nerve grafts — to replace or bridge part of an injured nerve using part of a healthy nerve.
- Nerve repair
- Osteo surgery — to remove or add a wedge of bone.
- Tendon repair
- Treatment of failed previous surgeries — corrections and revisions to prior hand, elbow, or shoulder surgeries.