Quality of life is a valuable commodity. We strive to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which our residents can live well under the supervision and support of a knowledgeable medical staff. We respect our residents and provide activities and healthcare appropriate to their varying needs. The Laurels offers all of the accommodations you need to make you feel at home immediately.
Each of The Laurels’ apartments includes a kitchenette with sink, refrigerator and microwave, a bathroom, and closet space. The efficiency apartments also have a bedroom/living area, and the one-bedroom apartments include a living/dining area and a separate bedroom for maximum privacy. An elevator connects all three floors. Some apartments are completely handicapped accessible, including a wheelchair accessible shower with a full, five-foot turning radius. Staff at The Laurels provide around-the-clock security and quickly respond to the emergency call system installed in each apartment.
You are encouraged to bring your own furniture and personal belongings to give your apartment that special touch of home. Furnished apartments are available. An individual storage compartment located on a different level is provided for each apartment.
With a variety of facility amenities and services you can have all the comforts of home with the ease of special assistance at your fingertips. Our trained support staff is available 24 hours a day to assist you with various daily tasks as you see fit. We also ensure security all day, every day, and can respond quickly to any personal emergency you may have.
Along with your living quarters, your rental fee includes these services:
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and more (if needed)
- Three full course meals, served daily
- Planned social and recreational activities
- Medication distribution and monitoring
- Transportation to and from doctors’ offices in the Wellsboro area
- In-room emergency call system
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Daily bed making
- Free clothing and linen laundry services
- Heavy cleaning semiannually
- Use of on-site washers and dryers
- Free WiFi service
- Free computer hookup
- Services such as cable television and telephone have monthly fees
- Visits to the beauty and barber shop, and specialized therapy services are available on a fee-for-service basis
- Apartment maintenance as needed
Pennsylvania Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
POLST forms turn your wishes for medical treatment into actionable medical orders if you ever become unable to make those decisions yourself. The form stays with you as a reference for all your caregivers. Ideally, a patient should complete this during a discussion with loved ones and family members. It must be signed by your physician, certified nurse practitioner or physician assistant. The form addresses treatments such as CPR, comfort medical interventions, antibiotics and artificially administered hydration/nutrition. Ensure you receive the medical care you want by reviewing and completing the form below.
Download a POLST form (PDF)