At UPMC in Central Pa., our top priority is to keep you moving without pain or discomfort, so you can enjoy your life.
We offer the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options in the Central Pa. region. Our physicians use state-of-the-art imaging, pain management therapies, surgical and nonsurgical methods, and rehabilitation to treat a full range of orthopaedic conditions.
Non-surgical Treatment Options
Our doctors can diagnose and treat injuries or medical conditions that are affecting your ability to exercise, participate in sports or maintain an active lifestyle.
Our experts treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions as well as concussion. Should you need surgery, we will refer you to the appropriate specialist.
When it comes to joint replacement surgery, experience matters. Our highly experienced orthopaedic surgeons perform more than 2,300 joint replacements each year.
- Our program offers complete patient care, from presurgery classes through rehabilitation.
- Our institute has received Joint Commission Specialty Certification for knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Our surgeons are trained in robotic-arm assisted joint replacement for partial knee, total knee, and total hip.
You won’t find anyone better when it comes to minimally invasive procedures, laparoscopic techniques, robotic capabilities and use of computer-aided navigation during surgical procedures. Our expert surgeons deliver successful outcomes with faster recovery times.
Recognized for Excellence
We are proud to be recognized as a national leader in patient care and surgical expertise and outcomes.
- UPMC in Central Pa. has received Joint Commission Specialty Certification for knee and hip replacement surgery.
- UPMC in Central Pa. is ranked among the lowest in the state for infection rates.
See our other awards.
Find an orthopaedic location near you.
Need More Info?