Many changes have taken place in the health insurance industry in recent years. Some procedures and services that were once covered in full are now partially covered, covered only under certain circumstances or, in some cases, not covered at all.
Many changes have taken place in the health insurance industry in recent years. Procedures and services once covered in full are now partially covered, covered only under certain circumstances, or, in some cases, not covered at all. Every insurance plan is different.
- Please be sure to check your insurance and ask questions before coming to the hospital. Many insurance plans and health maintenance organizations (HMOs) now require preadmission approval and/or a second opinion for certain procedures. For your own peace of mind, we advise that you know the benefits of your insurance plan.
- Please bring all insurance cards, photo ID, and required forms with you when you come to the hospital for preadmission testing. This will speed your admission and prevent billing problems.
- Anyone who requires emergency service with UPMC in central Pa. will be treated, regardless of his/her ability to pay. However, patients will be expected to meet their financial responsibilities.
- If you are scheduled for a surgical procedure and do not have hospital insurance, you will be asked to pay a portion of the estimated charges or establish a payment agreement with the Financial Counseling Office prior to your admission. n If you have any questions about estimated charges, please call our Financial Counseling Office at:
- UPMC Carlisle 717-231-8989
- UPMC Community Osteopathic 717-230-3717
- UPMC Hanover 717-316-6972
- UPMC Harrisburg 717-230-3717
- UPMC Lititz 717-625-5518
- UPMC Memorial 717-849-5432
- UPMC West Shore 717-230-3717
- If you have hospital insurance, Medicare, or Medical Assistance, you will be asked to pay identified copayments or deductibles upon admission.
- Charges for anesthesia equipment, medicines, and nurse anesthetists will be included in your hospital bill. Your anesthesiologist may submit a separate bill to you or your insurance company. Feel free to ask questions about his or her charge as you would with your surgeon or other private physician.
Need to access your medical records? We have an app for that.
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today