Types of Weight Loss Surgery We Offer
- Gastric bypass creates a small pouch that restricts how much food you can eat and how many calories you absorb. It's the most common type of weight loss surgery in the U.S. today.
- Gastric sleeve removes part of the stomach and makes a new stomach or "sleeve." The sleeve limits how much food you can eat and helps you feel full sooner. View FAQs for Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (PDF).
Weight Management and Support Services
UPMC Jameson Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery Center offers:
- Free information sessions about surgical weight-loss options. Learn more.
- One-on-one nutrition assessment before surgery.
- Six monthly pre-op classes to help you make lifestyle changes and prep you for bariatric surgery.
- Nutritional support as needed.
- Monthly support group for prospective, current, and past bariatric surgery patients.
The Bariatric Surgery Care Team at UPMC Jameson
Other members of the care team include:
Information for Patients
Please fill out the forms below and bring them with you to your first appointment:
Our Office Locations
Bariatric surgery is performed at UPMC Jameson. Outpatient and consultation services are available at the following locations:
26 Nesbitt Road, Suite 151
New Castle, PA 16105
UPMC Outpatient Center
449 N. Hermitage Road
Hermitage, PA 16148
Steel City Internal Medicine-UPMC
291 State Route 288
Ellwood City, PA 16117
UPMC Bariatric Services
Learn more about UPMC Bariatric Services.