Types of Weight Loss Surgery We Offer
- Gastric bypass creates a small pouch that restricts how much food you can eat and how many calories you absorb. It's the most common type of weight loss surgery in the U.S. today.
- Gastric sleeve removes part of the stomach and makes a new stomach or "sleeve." The sleeve limits how much food you can eat and helps you feel full sooner.
Weight Management and Support Services
UPMC Jameson Minimally Invasive Bariatric Surgery Center offers:
- Free sessions about surgical weight-loss options in New Castle and Hermitage. Learn more.
- One-on-one nutrition assessment before surgery.
- Six monthly pre-op classes to help you make lifestyle changes and prep you for bariatric surgery.
- Appointments at the wellness center to help with fitness programs as needed.
- Nutritional support as needed.
- Monthly support groups for prospective, current, and past bariatric surgery patients.
The Bariatric Surgery Care Team at UPMC Jameson
Other members of the care team include:
- Wellness and fitness staff
- Financial counselors
Find a Bariatric Surgery Center Near You
Bariatric services are available to patients of UPMC Jameson at the following three locations:
26 Nesbitt Road, Suite 151
New Castle, PA 16105
UPMC Outpatient Center in Hermitage
875 N. Hermitage Road, Suite 4
Hermitage, PA 16148
Steel City Internal Medicine-UPMC
291 State Route 288
Ellwood City, PA 16117
UPMC Bariatric Services
Learn more about UPMC Bariatric Services.