People with metabolic and endocrine disorders can find a full spectrum of care through UPMC Jameson at UPMC Outpatient Center at Westgate Plaza.
Our skilled doctor and staff:
- Specialize in treating diabetes, gland disorders, and other hormone problems.
- Can help manage your disease and overall health.
- Talk to your PCP (or ob-gyn for gestational diabetes) about any changes to your drugs or care plan.
For more information about endocrinology services through UPMC Jameson, call 724-657-3224.
Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hormone Conditions We Treat
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Increased risk (borderline or pre-diabetes)
- Low blood sugar after meals
Thyroid gland disorders
- Hyperthyroidism/Graves' disease
- Thyroid cancer
- Postpartum thyroiditis
Pituitary gland disorders
- Anterior lobe
- Posterior lobe
Adrenal gland disorders
- Adrenal hyper- and hypofunction
- Nonfunctional adrenal masses
- Hypo- and hyperparathyroidism
Bone metabolism disorders
Osteoporosis makes bones brittle and prone to fractures.
Women are more at risk of osteoporosis during menopause when estrogen production decreases.
Reproductive system disorders
- Low testosterone in men
- Irregular periods in women
- Polycystic ovary syndrome