Choosing the right environment for the special occasion of welcoming a new baby is an important decision for many expectant parents.
You can feel secure in knowing that, for nearly a century, women have chosen to depend on the expertise and compassion of UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital for the delivery and care of their babies.
Why Choose Magee to Deliver Your Baby?
Our Womancare Birth Center offers:
- A comfortable, family-centered environment for labor, deliver, and recovery.
- Innovative laboring options, such as hydrotherapy and birthing balls.
- World-renowned obstetricians and board-certified nurse midwives.
Magee's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is:
- Staffed by highly trained neonatal specialists.
- The largest in the country with private, solid-walled bays (rather than glass or curtains) that allow for increased family interaction with mother, baby, and staff.
- The largest in Pennsylvania and sets the standards for combining advanced medicine, technology, and family centered care, all within a homelike environment.
The Dan Berger Cord Blood Program offers parents the option of preserving their baby’s umbilical cord blood for future health care needs or research.
Celebrating Your Baby's Birth: We offer several ways for parents, grandparents, friends, and families to celebrate your baby's arrival.