UPMC Northwest provides a complete range of general orthopaedic services including:
- Total joint replacement
- Treatment for foot and ankle problems
- Fracture care
- Care for trauma to the spine, legs, arms, or neck
- Treatment of hand, shoulder, or elbow injuries
- Spinal procedures
Our orthopaedic surgery practice also offers access to pain management specialists, providing a comprehensive program for patients with pain associated with orthopaedic, spinal, and nervous system conditions.
Our office offers specific appointment high school athletes with sports-related injuries, including:
- Pulled muscles
- Dislocations or broken bones
Athletic trainers can send their injured athletes to our office for evaluation and initial treatment, including further recommendations and follow-up.
Our goal is to ensure that communication regarding the needs of the athletes takes place among doctors, physician assistants, parents, coaches, and athletic trainers in a timely, efficient manner.
In addition to the highly skilled staff, benefits of the sports medicine program at UPMC Northwest include:
- Advanced MRI, CT, and x-ray capabilities
- State-of-the-art technology and instrumentation for minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery
- Access to UPMC Rooney Sports Complex in Pittsburgh for consultations/referrals
Options for treating and managing pain caused by a variety of conditions including arthritis, neuropathy, spinal stenosis, sciatica, and degenerative disc disease are available from a fellowship-trained interventional pain medicine specialist. Pain management services include:
- Cervical and lumbar epidural injections
- Cervical and lumbar facet injections/radiofrequency ablation
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Sacrococcygeal ligament injection
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Greater and lesser occipital nerve blocks and cryoablation
- Sphenopalatine ganglion blocks
- Stellate ganglion block injection
- Celiac plexus injection
- Spinal cord stimulator
- Trigger point injections
Learn more about interventional pain management at UPMC Northwest.