154 Lakemont Park Boulevard
Altoona, PA 16602
ACEL day program
ACEL provides a safe place during the day for adults with developmental and physical disabilities.
Nestled around the edge of Lakemont Park, ACEL's location gives adults the chance to be part of their community.
The ACEL day program offers:
- Day trips to nearby parks, restaurants, and shopping malls.
- Exercise, music, dance, reading, and more.
- Arts in Healing — a creative outlet run by resident artists from the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art.
ACEL in-home care
Our staff tailors a care plan to meet the needs of each person and requests from their loved ones, such as:
- Helping with daily living tasks.
- Planning meals and grocery shopping.
- Driving to doctor appointments.
- Offering friendship through social activities.
- Providing respite to families.
ACEL Agency With Choice
Our staff works with adults and/or their family (referred to as the surrogate) by entering a joint-employment arrangement.
This partnership gives you or your surrogate:
- A high level of choice and control over services and supports.
- The chance to recruit, refer, choose, hire, train and schedule your own staff.
- Control your own schedule and activities.
- The choice of where, when, and how to receive needed services.