When your patient or client needs behavioral health resources, one simple call to PsychCare+ — 412-624-2000 — allows convenient access to needed help.
PsychCare+ is a service of UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital for mental health professionals. We help doctors, hospital staff, and community providers triage, manage, and intervene with patient referrals for behavioral health care.
PsychCare+ Benefits for Doctors and Mental Health Workers
PsychCare+ is convenient.
PsychCare+ has one phone number, 412-624-2000, that will get appropriate resources to your behavioral health patient such as:
- An inpatient admission.
- An outpatient referral for treatment.
- Mental health crisis and emergency services.
PsychCare+ is a time saver for behavioral health bed management.
The PsychCare+ team can:
- View behavioral health bed availability in real time, right from their computer screen.
- Find an open inpatient bed within the UPMC Behavioral Health Inpatient Service Line to meet your patient's needs.
- Arrange bed placement and admission directly to the inpatient units. This allows behavioral health patients to bypass an emergency department stay and improves the patient experience.
PsychCare+ gives you the answers you seek when you need them.
The PsychCare+ command center has:
- A staff of experienced clinicians, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to UPMC and community mental health providers to arrange outpatient appointments.
- An increasing number of patient options based on triaged need.
Contact PsychCare+ to Refer a Patient
For a patient referral, call PsychCare+ 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 412-624-2000.
For People Looking for Mental Health Help
If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis, contact: