The General Infectious Disease clinic at UPMC is an integral part of the Center for Care of Infectious Diseases. We offer complete care for a wide range of infectious disease issues.
Ask your PCP to refer you to one of our experts.
Infectious Conditions and Diseases We Treat
Our experts provide consults, diagnoses, treatments, and preventative services for:
- Surgical site infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Pneumonia and other respiratory infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Meningitis and encephalitis
- Endovascular infections (e.g. endocarditis)
- Tuberculosis (TB) and non-TB mycobacterial infections
- Animal bites and infections associated with animal exposures
- Recurrent sinusitis
- Jaw infection and oral infections
- Unexplained fevers
Our Infectious Diseases Experts
Our clinic provides scheduled and same day appointments.
Our board-certified doctors work full time at UPMC. Many are world-renowned experts in one or more areas in the field of infectious disease.
Our experts include:
- Karin Byers, MD
- Sami El-Dalati, MD
- Carolyn Fernandes, MD
- Christiane Hadi, MD
- Sui Kwong Li, MD
- Penelope Schwartz, PA-C
- Neel Shah, MD
- Katie Sheridan, DO
- Suzanne Templer, DO
- J. Alexander Viehman, MD