Services Available at the Center for COPD and Emphysema
Our doctors take time to review the patient’s history with attention to detail and perform a thorough physical exam.
Ongoing Clinical Management
What we offer:
- A full spectrum of multidisciplinary treatments
- Careful monitoring of disease stability
- An intensive focus on care coordination for patients with severe or progressive disease, recurrent exacerbations, or multiple comorbidities
Access to Advanced Treatments
- Evaluation and treatment of pulmonary hypertension due to chronic lung disease with access to new medicines
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- Nonsurgical lung volume reduction using the latest bronchoscopic techniques
- Portable non-invasive open ventilation (NIOV) system to augment exertional tolerance in patients with advanced disease
- Lung transplantation
Access to Clinical Research Studies
Through our Emphysema/COPD Research Center (ECRC), we offer patients the opportunity to participate in clinical trials and research, so that we can refine our understanding of these diseases and discover new and better ways to treatment them.
What we offer:
- Patient registry – a research database that tracks your progress, so we can let you know if you are a candidate to participate in research studies
- Clinical trials of new drugs and therapies
- Studies of the causes of disease
In the News
Watch Dr. Frank Sciurba explain how tiny metal coils and a one-hour, minimally invasive procedure may help patients suffering from advanced emphysema. Watch the video on YouTube.