UPMC Comprehensive Pulmonary Hypertension Program
For people with pulmonary hypertension — or PH — there is hope. Just 20 years ago, there weren’t many treatment options.
But today, UPMC offers a full range of therapies for PH and other diseases of the lungs. And we're always looking to develop new treatments for PH through collaboration and research.
Complete Pulmonary Hypertension Care
A joint program of the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute and Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, the UPMC Comprehensive Pulmonary Hypertension Program provides:
What Sets Our Pulmonary Hypertension Program Apart?
- We are the largest multidisciplinary program in the country.
- We offer state-of-the art diagnostics including full cardiopulmonary exercise testing during right heart catheterization.
- We offer full ranges of therapy, including oral, inhaled, intravenous and subcutaneous drug alternatives.
- We offer multiple opportunities to participate in cutting-edge clinical research aimed at improving the diagnosis and treatment of PH.
- We are affiliated with the UPMC Lung Transplant program, one of the largest in the U.S.
- We offer pulmonary thromboendarterectomy, a potentially curative surgery for patients with CTEPH.