Sleep Problems We Treat
Our sleep medicine experts provide personalized care for a full range of conditions that affect your sleep, including:
- Sleep apnea. Blocked or narrowed airway that causes you to stop breathing.
- Insomnia. Trouble falling or staying asleep.
- Circadian rhythm disorders. Problems with your sleep-wake cycle.
- Narcolepsy. Sudden sleep attacks and sometimes muscle weakness.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness. Irrepressible urge to sleep during daytime.
- Nightmares and night terrors.
- Sleep eating. Eating food in a sleep state.
- Sleep Walking. Walking around in a state of sleep.
- Teeth grinding. Clenching teeth in sleep.
Health Problems That Can Affect Sleep
We can also help those who have sleeping problems because of:
Certain drugs to treat stroke or cancer can also cause sleep problems.
What To Expect When You Choose UPMC for Your Sleep Medicine Needs?
When you come to us with a sleep problem, our experts will:
- Do a complete assessment of your symptoms either in-person or via telemedicine.
- Work together to provide expert diagnosis, treatment, and management for disorders that affect your sleep.
- Refer you for a sleep study or other specialists to properly diagnose your condition, if needed. We offer sleep studies in-person and at home.
If you need a sleep study, we'll work with you to schedule it at one of our sleep centers closest to you. We have centers throughout Pennsylvania.
If you prefer to complete your sleep study at home, we'll provide you with the necessary equipment that you can mail back to UPMC after it's complete.
After you receive your diagnosis, we'll design a treatment plan to help you get the rest you need.
Our team will provide follow-up services for some of the chronic sleep problems like sleep apnea or insomnia.
Sleep Disorder Procedures and Treatments
Our team uses leading-edge technology and treatments to help you manage your sleep problems.
- Sleep studies to assess how you sleep.
- Medications if indicated for treatment of insomnia or daytime sleepiness.
- CPAP therapy.
- Cognitive behavior therapy.
Find UPMC Sleep Medicine Care Near You
Learn More About Sleep