No matter your age, no matter if you're an athlete or not, the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program is here for you.
We want to know how your injury occurred, how you're feeling, and what your lifestyle entails. That way we can customize a concussion treatment plan just for you.
You're in the right place if you're looking for the latest information on:
- Concussion diagnosis and symptoms.
- Types of concussion.
- Active concussion treatments.
- Our concussion experts.
Here, you can also read stories from others who suffered from and overcame concussions with help from our program.
Or visit our HealthBeat blog for concussion articles, quizzes, and more.
Helping You Get Back to the Things You Love
Sustaining a concussion can truly disrupt your daily life. At the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program, we help athletes and non-athletes at all levels.
Do you want to:
- Get back to competitive dance?
- Play with your kids or grandkids?
- Return to the racetrack or get back on the field?
- Make it through a full workday again?
We've helped some of our patients do just that, and we strive to do the same for you.
Experts in Managing Concussions at All Levels
“A well-managed concussion is the best form of prevention." — Dr. Michael “Micky" Collins, clinical and executive director, UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program
Our world-renowned experts have been rethinking concussion diagnosis and treatment for decades, formally since 2000 when we first opened our doors.
Since then, our unmatched concussion research lab has:
- Been a leading publisher of groundbreaking concussion research.
- Used our research to design advanced concussion care, resulting in our excellent patient outcomes.
Now, we see patients from around the world — virtually and in-person — to get them back to the sports or activities they love.
It's all about getting the right care early on and following an active treatment plan that's tailored to you.
Why Choose UPMC for Concussion Care?
Our concussion program experts:
Our Main Concussion Program Locations
UPMC Rooney Sports Complex
3200 South Water St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex
8000 Cranberry Springs Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
See more regional concussion clinic locations where our experts offer office hours.
UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program Fellowship Opportunities
The UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program includes 7 attending clinical neuropsychologists who work with other experts to assess, diagnose, and treat concussions.
This team includes experts in:
- Primary care sports medicine.
- Physical medicine and rehab.
- Neurovestibular rehab.
- Neurosurgery and neuroradiology.
- Behavioral neuro-optometry.
- Physical therapy, including both musculoskeletal assessments and sport-specific exertion therapy.
Learn more about and apply to our sports medicine concussion fellowships.