Awards and Recognition
At UPMC, our top priority is to provide quality health care to our patients. We are proud to be recognized as a leader in health care at a regional and national level.
As an organization known for taking on the most challenging and difficult cases, such awards and recognitions are a direct reflection of the deep commitment of our doctors, nurses, and staff to delivering exceptional care. They also provide you a tangible measure of how we perform, especially when compared to our peers.
Our awards include:
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside among the best hospitals in the nation.
- Eight UPMC hospitals have earned the prestigious MAGNET® Recognition for Nursing Excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center:
Granted to fewer than 7 percent of all hospitals nationwide, the program recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Hamot
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC Pinnacle Community Osteopathic
- UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg
- UPMC Pinnacle West Shore
- UPMC Shadyside
- UPMC St. Margaret
- Two UPMC hospitals — UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital and UPMC St. Margaret — received innovation awards from The Hospital & Health System Association of Pennsylvania in recognition of best practices demonstrating innovation, creativity, and commitment to patient care.
Through UPMC’s annual Speak Up for Patient Safety Award, we also recognize employees within our organization for their commitment to patient safety. Considered one of our most important honors, this award rewards employees who alert us to safety concerns and clearly impact patient safety.