From cuts and sprains to life-threatening emergencies, the ED staff at UPMC Chautauqua provide expert care, 24/7.
Our 18,000 square foot ED offers:
- Mobile bedside registration.
- Fast-track care for minor health scares and illnesses.
- 28 private treatment areas and 2 triage rooms.
- Specialty treatment space.
- Lab services.
- Patient nutrition stations.
- Many other services to best care for our patients.
- Staffed by ED specialists, board-certified doctors, and advanced practice providers.
- SAFE Center of Excellence for those who have experienced sexual assault.
The ED entrance is at the back of the hospital off Sherman Street.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening injury or illness, please call 911.
Common Illnesses and Injuries We Treat in the ED
At UPMC Chautauqua, we're ready to treat urgent and severe health issues of all kinds.
The most common include:
- Breathing distress (pneumonia, asthma)
- Heart attacks
- Injuries/traumas from car and auto accidents
- Mental anguish or distress
- Severe infections
- Sexual assault or abuse (SAFE)
- Trauma caused by violence
Emergency Care at UPMC
Learn more about emergency care at UPMC.