At UPMC Chautauqua, our goal is to help you regain independence in daily life, from getting dressed, to making meals, to driving a car.
Our occupational therapists assess your recovery and progress to see if you have any functional limits.
And if impairments — such as limited joint motion or muscle strength — can't fully heal, we'll work with you to design creative solutions. We'll also give you the tools you need to live a more productive and independent life.
Make an OT Appointment at UPMC Chautauqua
Before you can make an appointment, we need your doctor to refer you.
To learn more or refer a patient, call 716-664-8278.
Problems We Treat With OT
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Coordination issues.
- Hand and arm fractures.
- Impairments that affect your daily tasks.
- Nerve palsy.
- Nervous system conditions (stroke, Parkinson's disease, MS).
- Orthopaedic injuries.
- Work injuries.
We also treat kids with coordination deficits, handwriting problems, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Why Choose UPMC Chautauqua for OT?
Our program offers:
- A skilled team of experts with many years of experience and diverse academic backgrounds.
- Tailored treatment plans that focus on your goals and address your needs.
- A spacious, 11,000 square foot state-of-the-art clinic right behind the hospital at 31 Sherman St., building C, with easy access to parking.
- Private rooms when needed.
What to Expect During Your Occupational Therapy Appointment
At your first appointment:
- Please bring your health insurance card and a list of your current medications.
- Your therapist will assess you and ask about your medical history, current condition, functional limitations, and goals.
After your first visit, follow-up care will include treatments to address your unique needs, including self-management and home exercise programs.
Treatments are between 30 and 60 minutes.