Physical therapy is care that helps people of all ages with healthy movement so it's easier and safer to do daily tasks.
Our physical therapists will do a thorough assessment to find out what's causing issues such as:
- Limited motion
- Weakened muscles
- Balance problems
We'll work with you to design a plan that helps you reach your highest level of function.
Contact Physical Therapy at UPMC Chautauqua
To learn more about PT or refer a patient, call 716-664-8278.
31 Sherman St.
Jamestown, NY 14071
Who Might Need Physical Therapy?
There are many reasons why you might need PT.
At UPMC Chautauqua, we know that no two people are the same and our treatment plans are always personal.
We can help you:
- Get ready for surgery.
- Manage pain and limit side effects from injury or surgery.
- Manage the physical effects of chronic illnesses.
- Regain mobility after injury or surgery.
We also treat:
- Balance issues
- Generalized weakness
- Bone, muscle, or tendon injury (fracture, tendonitis, sprain/strain)
- Nervous system conditions (stroke, Parkinson's disease, MS, Bell's Palsy)
- Spine rehab
- Vestibular impairments
- Post amputation
- Post total joint replacement
What to Expect at Your First PT Appointment
For your first visit, please bring:
- Your doctor's referral.
- Your health insurance card. We accept all major health plans.
- A list of any medications you're currently taking.
During your visit, you'll have a thorough assessment and talk to your physical therapist about:
- Your health history and any current conditions.
- Any functional limits you have. For example, trouble getting up from a chair or reaching overhead.
- Your health goals, such as carrying your own groceries, walking to the store, or playing a sport.
Appointments are between 30 and 60 minutes. Wear clothes and shoes that are easy to move in.
Follow up care will include a treatment plan to address your unique needs, including self-management and home exercise programs.
Why Choose UPMC Chautauqua for Physical Therapy?
Because you have access to:
- A skilled team of experts with many years of experience and diverse academic backgrounds.
- Tailored treatment plans that focus on your goals and address your needs.
- A spacious, 11,000 square foot state-of-the-art clinic right behind the hospital with nearby parking.
- Private rooms when needed.
To make an appointment or refer a patient, call 716-664-8278.