How to Apply
- Completion of the ERAS common application form
- Use of the supplemental ERAS application for signaling purposes should be used at the discretion of the applicant
- A personal statement
- Medical school transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean or appropriate officer of your medical school
- At least three letters of recommendation from physicians who are acquainted with your work or capabilities, including at least one letter from an EM physician.
- An official copy of your board scores
We participate in the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Services) Program as well as the NRMP Match. No additional information outside of ERAS is required.
Each year, interviews are from September to January. The deadline for applications is Oct. 15. After reviewing all applications, we will invite candidates to interview at UPMC Hamot. .
Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you regarding potential dates to visit.
How to Request a Clinical Rotation
To request a clinical rotation experience with the Emergency Medicine Residency Program, please visit the Rotating at UPMC Hamot website for more information and instructions.
For more information regarding the Emergency Medicine Residency program at UPMC Hamot, please contact Karen Martin, GME department manager, at 814-877-2594 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.