1. Provide the items below at least one month before the rotation begins:
2. If you are staying in student housing, review the housing information carefully
When you arrive at UPMC Hamot for your rotation, convenient fee-based parking is available in the public parking garage located at the corner of Third and State Streets (entrance on Third Street). As an alternative, the Intermodal Center, located at 208 E Bayfront Parkway, offers free parking as is a short walk to UPMC Hamot.
Please review the campus map to help guide you.
There are administrative tasks you must complete prior to starting your rotation:
1. Acquire your Hamot parking permit
3. Attend EpicCare computer training
Once these tasks are completed, report for your rotation:
There are many great dining options near UPMC Hamot campus, some which are listed here. Inclusion on this list does not imply endorsement by UPMC Hamot
The medical library is located on the Ground Floor in the North Complex of the main hospital. Turn right off the North Complex elevators, and the library is down the hall on the right. Follow the signs. The library has computers available to use. Any library-related questions can be directed to the library manager Diane Voelker at email@example.com
At the end of your rotation, you must meet with Annmarie Kutz to discuss the process for check out. To schedule your departure meeting, send an email to Annmarie so she knows when to expect you. This meeting takes approximately five to ten minutes. It is ideal to conduct the meeting when your rotation has concluded. If this is not possible due to your shift schedule, please arrange to meet on an earlier date during the last week of your rotation.
Items to Bring with You:
It is expected that any resources borrowed from the UPMC Hamot library will have been returned prior to the departure meeting. If students are unable to attend a departure meeting, they must notify Annmarie Kutz in advance and make arrangements to appropriately return the items above. textbooks and laptops should always be returned to the Graduate Medical Education office - no exceptions. Housing keys may be returned to UPMC Hamot Security, located in the sub-basement of the hospital.
* Your honest and constructive feedback on the rotation experience evaluation form is highly valued and will be used to make improvements to our student rotation experiences. These evaluation forms are held until there are at least 5 or 6 per specialty, then they are sent to the rotation preceptor as a batch. This aggregate format ensures your anonymity.
Annmarie is available from 7:30am to 3:45pm Monday through Friday. Medical Education is located in the Modern Tool Building, 333 State St, Suite 206.