1. Acquire your UPMC Hamot badge and parking permit
- Report to UPMC Hamot Graduate Medical Education office at 7:45 a.m. to retrieve your badge and parking permit. The GME office is located at 100 State Street, Suite 320
- If you are using UPMC Hamot student housing, you will submit the signed housing form and $10 deposit check at this time
- After acquiring and applying a parking decal, student vehicles can be moved to a free student-designated parking lot (PDF)
2. Complete Cerner training modules
3. Once these tasks are completed, report for your rotation
- To report for your first scheduled shift, use the main ED patient entrance on French Street. Wear your school ID badge and your Hamot access badge. Identify yourself as a medical student to the triage desk. Let them know you are beginning your first day on rotation and need to meet with the resident/attending you're working with that shift (whose name will be sent to you in advance.)
Expectations During Rotation
You are expected to distribute five blank copies of your school's evaluation form before your rotation ends.
- During your third week on rotation, print five blank copies of your evaluation form and give four to residents and one to an attending with whom you've worked.
- Ask the residents and attending(s) to complete the evaluation and return it to you or place in Dr. Iszkula's mailbox prior to your last shift.
- Your student presentation, end-of-rotation exam score, and evaluation feedback factor into your summative evaluation and grade. Read more here (PDF).
Student Presentation and End-of-Rotation Test
You are expected to present at resident lecture and take an end-of-rotation exam. These factor into your summative evaluation and grade for the rotation. Read more here (PDF).