Gain control of your diabetes with guidance from the team at UPMC Jameson. We'll help you learn more about your disease and support you in living well.
Recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA), our program includes:
- A certified diabetes educator who works closely with RNs, physical therapists, and social workers.
- Medical nutrition therapy from a dietitian.
- Complete self-management skills.
- Glucose meter demos.
- Insulin instructions (first-time users or review).
- “Life with Diabetes” classes using the ADA's teaching outlines.
- Support groups.
- Guest speakers for community groups.
- Help choosing the right orthotic device.
- Exercise referrals.
- Education resources for the public.
To learn more about our Diabetes Management Program, call 724-656-4061.