Since the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program started in 2000, we've never stopped improving and expanding our services.
Improvements to meet the complexities of concussion diagnosis and treatment include:
- Our state-of-the art concussion centers that allow for ample clinical and research space.
- Seamless care and teamwork among our experts.
The UPMC Rooney Sports Complex in the South Side neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pa., became our main location in 2012.
This 3,500-square-foot space at the UPMC Freddie Fu Sports Medicine Center provides dedicated, personalized concussion care and offers:
- A staff of more than 30 people in various fields of medicine.
- Nine exam rooms for discussing and assessing concussion symptoms.
- Ample space to conduct active treatment plans.
- Access to a diverse team of sports medicine experts.
UPMC Rooney Sports Complex
3200 S. Water St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry Township, Pa., is our secondary location. Our team offers daily office hours to assess and treat concussions in people of all ages.
Opened in 2015, the complex offers the same expert concussion care as the South Side location.
You also have access to experts in:
- Orthopaedic surgery.
- Primary care sports medicine.
- Physical therapy.
- Sports performance and nutrition.
UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex
8000 Cranberry Springs Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
The UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion program expanded to the Somerset region in 2022. Alicia Trbovich, PhD, from the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program, sees patients at Wheeler Family Medical Center. Dr. Trbovich is a neuropsychologist specializing in the diagnosis, management, and active treatment of concussions.
UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program
Wheeler Family Medical Center
126 E. Church Street
Somerset, PA 15501
412-432-3681, option 1
Other UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program Locations
Our experts have office hours at other UPMC locations, including: