The curriculum for UPMC in central Pa.’s Pharmacy Residency Program includes:
Required Learning Experiences
Orientation (4 weeks).
- Introduction to Acute Care.
- Internal Medicine I (4 weeks).
- Internal Medicine II (4 weeks).
- Critical Care I (4 weeks).
- Critical Care II (4 weeks).
- Cardiology (4 weeks).
- Pediatrics (4 weeks).
- Infectious Diseases- Antimicrobial Stewardship (4 weeks).
- Pharmacy Management (4 weeks).
Required Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Includes a medication use evaluation and major research project.
- Every third weekend (staffing every other weekend is required July through October or until the resident is signed off as able to staff independently).
- One four-hour weekday shift every third week.
- Two holidays.
Elective Learning Experiences
- Emergency Medicine.
- Solid Organ Transplant (temporarily unavailable).
- Infectious Diseases II- Consult Service.
- Oncology I.
- Oncology II.
- Pediatrics II.
- Sterile & Hazardous Product Compounding.
Need more information
Renee Bogdan, Pharm.D., BCPS
Residency Program Director
When it comes to health care for you and your family, UPMC is here. It's easy to find the right doctor, health screenings, programs, classes, and more.
Contact UPMC in Central Pa.