Pulmonology at UPMC Hamot
Pulmonary medicine is a specialty devoted to diseases and conditions affecting the lungs. UPMC Hamot Pulmonology provides evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from respiratory illnesses, difficulty breathing, and sleep disorders.
The combined expertise of our team of pulmonologists covers a wide range of pulmonary conditions and critcal care medicine, from asthma and sleep apnea to lung cancer and rare genetic forms of COPD.
Conditions We Treat
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasis
- Bronchitis (acute and chronic)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cryptogenic organizing pneumonia
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Lung disease associated with connective tissue disease
- Occupational lung disease (silicosis, coal worker's pneumoconiosis, asbestos exposure)
- Pleural effusion
- Pneumonia (acute viral and bacterial)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Respiratory failure (acute and chronic)
- Obstructive/central sleep apnea
- Idiopathic hypersomnolence
- Shift work sleep disorder
Lung Cancer Screenings
UPMC Hamot is a participant in the UPMC Lung Cancer Screening program, which offers low-dose CT scans to eligible candidates to aid in the early detection of lung cancer. The scan takes only a few minutes.
Learn more about the UPMC Lung Cancer Screening Program.