Advanced Urology Care for Both Men and Women
UPMC Mercy’s skilled urologic surgeons provide more than 8,000 patient visits each year in general urology, urologic oncology, reconstructive surgery, and large kidney stone removal. Our team cares for the full range of urologic problems and specializes in complex issues.
Our physicians recognize that urologic problems can be complicated, distressing, and often life-altering. They bring a deep commitment to UPMC Mercy’s patient-centered care mission to their work, recognizing the unique concerns and circumstances of each patient.
Our urology specialists also engage in cutting-edge research to advance and improve the treatment of urologic diseases.
To make an appointment for urology services at UPMC Mercy, call 412-232-5850.
We are located at:
Mercy Professional Building
1350 Locust St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Why Choose UPMC Mercy for Urology Services
As a urology patient at UPMC Mercy, you will benefit from our:
- Innovative treatment strategies and state-of-the-art surgical techniques (including robotic surgery that can significantly help reduce patient discomfort and recovery time while improving outcomes).
- Access to new clinical trials that offer the latest and most advanced treatment options.
- Individualized patient treatment plans, which can include medical and surgical options, and a special focus on patient education and support.
- Close collaboration with other multidisciplinary specialists at UPMC Mercy and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center to support best outcomes and complete care for patients, including such specializations as nephrology, nutrition, plastic surgery, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- One-stop new patient appointments featuring same-day tests onsite at UPMC Mercy.
- Convenient outpatient center located on the UPMC Mercy campus for continuing care.
UPMC Mercy Urology Services Highlights
UPMC Mercy offers western Pennsylvania’s only multidisciplinary Kidney Stone Center. Patients who have had previous stone surgery or have spontaneously passed a stone can receive long-term treatment for and management of kidney stone disease.
UPMC’s only reconstructive urology program is centered at UPMC Mercy, where complex robotic surgery is used to repair and treat complications resulting from cancer surgery, radiation therapy, urologic trauma, and other conditions.
UPMC Mercy’s Neurogenic Bladder Clinic supports the special needs of patients with such conditions as multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke.
Urologic surgeons at UPMC Mercy are among the leading providers of organ-sparing, robotic-assisted partial cystectomies for bladder cancer in Pennsylvania.
Advanced non-surgical treatments, such as posterior tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS) and BOTEX®, are available at UPMC Mercy for the treatment of over-active bladders and symptoms of urinary incontinence.
Conditions We Treat
UPMC Mercy offers treatment and surgery for a wide range of urology-related diseases and disorders, including:
- Traumatic urologic injuries
- Urethral strictures
- Urinary fistulae
Our Urology Experts
Urology at UPMC
Learn more about urology at UPMC.